The Centre’s interdisciplinary structure offers scientists a platform for working together and sharing expertise. Another benefit is how the network makes it possible to share equipment and technologies.
Researchers at Leipzig University can apply for membership of they have a well-founded academic interest in biotechnology or biomedicine and conduct application-oriented research.
Member Overview by Faculty
The membership structure comprises Leipzig University faculty research groups from various disciplines in the natural sciences, veterinary medicine and medicine.
Professors from six of the University’s faculties are members of the Centre for Biotechnology and Biomedicine.
Research Groups From the Faculty of Life Sciences
Research Groups From the Faculty of Chemistry and Mineralogy
Research Groups From the Faculty of Physices and Earth Sciences
Research Groups From the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Research Groups From the Faculty of Medicine
- Professorship of General Biochemistry
- Professorship of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology
- Professorship of Clinical Pharmacology
- Professorship of Molecular Biochemistry
- Professorship of Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration
- Professorship of Molecular Oncology
- Professorship of Molecular Cell Therapy
- Professorship of Pharmaceutical Technology
- Professorship of Cell Engineering and Applied Stem Cell Biology